About Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier
Located on the world-famous Santa Monica Pier, Pacific Park® is the West Coast’s only amusement park located on a pier! Featuring 12 thrilling rides, including the West Coaster and Pacific Wheel, the first solar-powered Ferris wheel. Millions of visitors each year enjoy all the rides, games and fun you’d expect from one of Southern California’s leading entertainment destinations.
The Park is best known as home to the iconic Pacific Wheel that towers over the Pier and surrounding beaches, and has been the backdrop to countless movies, music videos and TV shows. The Park has 12 amusement park rides on two acres of the Pier. Along with the Ferris wheel, guests can ride the West Coaster, the only steel coaster over the Pacific Ocean in the western United States. The Park is ungated, meaning guests to the Santa Monica Pier can enter the Park for free. Rides, games, attractions and other activities are all priced individually, or guests can select from a number of passes. There are rides for all members of the family, including Family Share rides for even the youngest guests.
Pacific Park also manages the iconic Pier midway. Set inside the amusement park, the games line the Pier’s wooden boardwalk. Guests can show their skill at the games and win prizes like giant plush animals! The Pacific Park midway features classic boardwalk games like Whac-A-Mole and Water Race, as well as some fun games like LA Galaxy Penalty Kick and Pier Planko, found only at the Santa Monica Pier.
The amusement park serves their famous, freshly-made funnel cakes every day on the Santa Monica Pier. Funnel cakes can be purchased at Funnel Cakes facing the Pier boardwalk or Scoops Ice Cream and Treats inside the over-ocean dining plaza. In addition to Funnel Cakes, the Pier is home to several restaurants and food stands serving classic California dishes like burgers, pizza, and tacos. Beach Burger also serves a selection of salads, loaded French fries, and fresh sandwiches, while Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf offers fresh cappuccinos and coffees, as well as their famous Ice Blended Drinks.
There are many great gift shops and retail stores inside and next to Pacific Park. If you are looking for a unique Santa Monica souvenir to take home, or just need a cozy hoodie to wrap up in once the sun sets, Pacific Park has something for you.
Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier is open 365 days a year. The Park’s operating hours vary by season and may change due to inclement weather or special events. Prior to visiting, be sure to check here for updates or give us a call at (310) 260-8744.
Pacific Park is operated by Santa Monica Amusements, LLC, a subsidiary of Premier Parks, LLC. Premier Parks, LLC operates 12 properties featuring on-site accommodations, an adventure park and marina, world-class concert facilities, a museum, and traditional theme and water park offerings across the US and Canada. Pacific Park’s administration and management offices are located inside the amusement park on the Santa Monica Pier. The Pier is owned and maintained by the City of Santa Monica. Lease and vending inquiries should be sent to the Office of Pier Management.
Looking for more information about Pacific Park, try these helpful links:
- Pacific Park in the Community – Learn more about our civic activities in the Santa Monica community and partnerships with non-profit and civic engagement groups.
- Requesting Donations from Pacific Park – Find information about submitting a formal request for donations to your event or non-profit organization.
- Pacific Park’s Environmental Impact Statement – Read about building the world’s first solar powered Ferris wheel to continuing our commitment to reducing our impact on the local environment.
- Partnerships – Pacific Park is a member of several state and national trade agencies and partners with many local and international brands and organizations.
- Media – See current and past press releases, explore the Park’s media kit, and contact Pacific Park’s public relations team.
- Pacific Park’s Code of Conduct – Read our Code of Conduct here.
- Website Guide – Locate more information on PacPark.com.
- Contacting Pacific Park – Phone number, address, and contact options for Pacific Park.